Saturday 1 March 2014

Hot as Hades

It's been another crazy week - but a short one at least. My boy and I had Friday off from school and work and we did... absolutely NOTHING. I have still been so exhausted lately. The combination of getting up at 5am every day to get my run in before work (and the heat of the day) and every work day without aircon is seriously taking it's toll. I know I've mentioned it before but seriously!

I'm also still struggling to find my feet as far as knowing how much to eat each day. I'm at my goal weight and my personal trainer has told me I should be on 2000 calories per day but I am really struggling to HEALTHILY eat that much. It's as much mental as anything else. I'm terrified of putting the weight back on and am just in the habit of eating 1500 calories per day. I know that with all the exercise I'm doing I need to up it, but first I need to convince myself that it's not a bad thing to eat just a little bit more each day. I suppose I've got to learn to trust myself (if someone had told me a year ago I'd be struggling to eat enough I'd have laughed at them - that has never ever been a problem for me before!)

I've also been reading (thanks to my personal trainer) articles on metabolism and how under eating can play havoc on it. It's an absolute minefield I tell you. But I'm working on getting it right. After all, this is a lifestyle change and not a quick fix. 

For the first time I did weights training - all by myself! I felt a little silly but I got through it. I was pretty proud of myself for doing it, and today's run felt SO GOOD! I'm not sure if that's because of the rest day yesterday or because of working on my core - perhaps a bit of both. I was up at 5am this morning so I could get my brekkie in before a 6am start. I met a friend down at the river and we did a halfie. It really makes such a difference running with someone. I find that I'm not obsessing about how many kms I've done/have still to go. I also did a bit of a different route to what I normally do which is always so refreshing. 


Well it's another scorcher in Perth - 37 degrees and we're off to my boy's cricket final at the WACA. It's going to be SO HOT. Did someone say it's the first day of Autumn? Thank goodness I got my run done by 8am!

After that it's back home and then book club at The Merchant on Beaufort Street. I can NOT wait for the down time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment