Sunday 16 February 2014

Nuts for Nutella!

What are you doing to me Brumby's?! I was off to the IGA early this morning (before 8am - urgh!) to get the groceries for the week (we had a friend's son's sixth birthday at 10am AND I needed some more yoghurt for brekkie, otherwise I would never have been out the house before my coffee)! My weakness for bread of any variety means I need to summon ALL my willpower to walk past the bakery on my way to the store, but what do I see that they've started making at Brumby's?! Nutella filled Hot Cross Buns! Oh. My. Word. 


I swear I would've caved and bought one but as I've not been able to run since Thursday I didn't think I deserved it. I also knew that I had a kiddies party and wasn't sure whether I'd have the strength to resist the food (my friend is an amazing cook/host/general feeder). 


Well, I didn't buy the Hot Cross Bun (next weekend may be a different story though) and I was very good at the party. I didn't even have birthday cake! And it looked SO delicious - four layers of chocolate icing inside the cake. Even the thought of it now is making me salivate :-). I was pretty proud of myself. I tell you, this no running business is for the birds - if I run for no other reason other than the ability to eat chocolate then it is absolutely worth it.


I'm seeing the doc tomorrow and I swear I won't leave his office until he tells me I'm fit to run. I even think I'm going to treat myself to new runners next weekend. I wanted to get them today but we only ended up leaving the party after 2pm and I had coffee and a play date booked with my beautiful neighbour at three. I'm not too sad as it gives me something to look forward to next weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment