Monday 17 February 2014

Go team!

I'm super excited. I went to the doc today to have my stitches removed from a keyhole surgery I had on Thursday, and he's given me the all-clear to start running again. Woohoo! I've decided that I'm going to get up at 5am and do at least 5km then. I don't want to overdo it and end up going backwards so I'll see how I go while I'm on my run. Hopefully I can get out a few more kilometres than that but I'm going to try my very best not to be disappointed if I can't. Fingers crossed it goes well and I have no pain or silly niggles. 

Yesterday afternoon I roasted a heap of vegetables and divided them into 250g tubs to take to work for lunch - yum! I had some left over so I decided to have it for dinner tonight (the boys had a leftover noodle dish). I thought I'd try to make zucchini pasta to accompany my roast vegies. They didn't look anywhere near as delish as on some of the websites, but it actually lightened the overall dish quite nicely. I cooked them with a bit of olive oil spray and some salt and pepper. I really only did them for about 5 minutes and then added the roast vegetable simply to mix them in and heat them up. It ended up being really yum. 


It doesn't look anything like those fancy photos online but my tummy was happy. 

I ate really healthily today so I'm going to treat myself to a coffee and a Cookie Dough Elvis cookie - oh Lordy I can hear the angels already! It's a peanut butter and chocolate biscuit that is simply to die for. I've had these in my cupboard for ages and have been saving them for a special occasion. I think surviving Monday deserves a special treat :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment