Tuesday 18 February 2014

A happy run

I did it! I had my first run this morning since my keyhole surgery on Thursday. And it felt really good! I set my alarm for 5am (urgh!) and was out the door by about 5.20. It's definitely getting colder and darker in the mornings but I just love watching the sun rise while I run. It's so peaceful in the morning - it's about the only peace I get all day so I really appreciate it. 

The run felt really good. My legs were well rested and I was just feeling so grateful that I was able to run - I often think of that when I'm having a tough session. I keep reminding myself that I should be thankful that I can run - no matter how slow! I felt like I was going really fast but when I checked my stats I saw that I had averaged only slightly faster than normal. Oh well. I'm still really happy with the run. 


It was Tuesday morning tea at work today which means cheese and ham croissants, brownies, fruit platters, party pies... you get the idea. Before I started on this weight loss journey I would just use it as an excuse to let myself go and have anything and everything on offer. Now I limit myself to 5 goodies (I know - that is still A LOT!) but what it does is make me only choose what I really enjoy and not put something on my plate and in my mouth simply because it's there. Of course that means no evening treat but I'm ok with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment