Saturday 22 February 2014

A busy week

I couldn't tell you what has made this week feel so busy, but I sure have been exhausted. The only thing I can think of is the heat - and to top it off I don't have air conditioning where I work. Urgh! I'm not one to feel the heat but I really think it must be affecting me. Last night I was in bed and asleep by 9pm - big Friday night in our house!


I did have a big 'moment' yesterday. For the first time EVER I wore a girly dress to work. I was so nervous about doing it and I know why. I've always dressed a certain way to work: black pants and a plain top - my staple during the larger years. Since losing 30kgs I've been a bit braver with my wardrobe over the weekend where I know no one will judge me. Work, for some reason, is a different story. Well, I did it. I wore the dress. A beautiful blue flowery dress. I wish I had taken a pic but alas - I'll be sure to the next time I wear it. Of course it had to be one of the windiest Perth days so a lot of the day was spent ensuring I wasn't flashing the world! 

I did a 5km run yesterday morning and then my long run today. I did 16km at a slightly slower pace and I really enjoyed it. I stupidly forgot to go to the toilet before I set off so needless to say, about 4km in I was busting! I contemplated running through it but I really wanted to enjoy my run so about half way in I paused my Garmin and dashed into the public loos. Thank goodness they were there! Quickest wee ever! TMI?! :-)


It was also my last run in my old Asics. I can't believe I've only had them for four months, but I've already done over 800kms in them. Yikes! So this morning it was off to The Athlete's Foot to upgrade my runners. Yay! I just bought the exact same pair although apparently this version is a little smaller so I had to get a half size bigger. The colour is certainly something. It's a pretty bold statement which I don't mind but pity the poor women who would rather go a little incognito. My only dilemma is to decide whether to wear them to my personal trainer tomorrow or save them for my run on Monday. Decisions decisions! 

Well we're off to a birthday/house warming BBQ now which I'm really looking forward to. I have a dear friend's son staying the night so I'm quite grateful for something to do with the two boys although they are playing quite nicely now (touch wood!)

Best I go do something marginally decent with my hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment